Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ayah:)



Salamullah alayk~




It's been a while since I've posted anything fully in English,right? Suddenly today I have the urge to write in the language I first studied. (Sad right? But Malay was always my first language ya. Speak english at home? I wasn't raised that way :p) Anyway, it's also been quite a while I've written anything even remotely 'biographical' aite? Hurm~

Ah, today's Father's Day. A very happy father's day to my beloved father Hj Yem bin Ismail or most famously known as Pak Yem! May Allah bless you always my dear father, and may you get a son(or daughter)-in-law as soon as possible! hehehe. (but from the looks of it, chances are that he'll be getting a son-in-law first) Amiin~ ^_~


Ayah never lived a charmed life. Even when he was little, he had to live far away from his family and grew up with his uncle, Ismail, or known to me and my siblings as arwah atuk Mail and his wife arwah atuk PJ. (no her name isn't PJ but they lived in Pandamaran Jaya hence: PJ. Maimunah was her name).

Fortunately I had a chance to meet Atuk PJ when she was alive. The others? No, unfortunately. Anyway, ayah had to work hard to be where he is today. He even married late, at the age of 33 because he wanted to make sure he would be worthy of the woman of his dreams, who turned out to be my mother lah:p

Hmm. When people meet ayah for the first time I'm sure they'd say ayah looks garang. Even I was fooled once upon a time:p But please don't be fooled! It's just a facade to scare people off,hehe. My dad could actually be very cheeky n very naughty indeed(oops. pecah rahsia ayah.hehe.) But I guess he just shows that side to the family. Hm.


ayah yang garang:p


Something about ayah, he always has very high expectations for himself and his children. For example, when I was little, and I tell him that I got an A for a subject with marks around 90%, then he'd ask me "Kenapa tak dapat 100?" Hohoho... Like my sister said in her blog, it's not easy to fill my dad's shoes and sometimes it can become too much to handle. Once I tried to hide something that I knew wouldn't make him very happy, but then told him anyway. He didn't get mad even though I knew he was very disappointed. Maybe I wasn't protecting him, maybe I was protecting myself. I just didn't want to see how much I'd let him down. That hurts much more than his anger:(

Nevertheless, I'm grateful I have a father who wants me to be better than who I really am because it makes me strive to BE better and never be complacent (although sometimes that does happen*_*) Maybe that's why I don't like compliments that much...
*I'm starting to get a little tearful here......*_*



There's not much that a parent wants from their children. All they want is for us to have a good life and be successful(the definition of successful may be subjective). To give a call sometimes. To know that they're still appreciated eventhough we may have our own lives now. As their children, the least we can do to them is try to make them happy while we still can and be the best child we could be to them (anak soleh/solehah) who always prays for their happiness dunia and akhirat.


Don't let our egos get in the way because when we think about it, there's no way we can repay what they've done for us, from raising us since we were little, educating us, teaching us about life up until now. They've seen us at our worst, it's only fair that we forgive them whenever we feel hurt by their actions(which, in perspective, is only caused by our immaturity#_#)






Lets be the best child we can possibly be to our parents insyaAllah:))



p/s: tak pernah rasanya buat post pasal mama lagi ,huhu. insyaAllah lain kali.

p/p/s: Allah, Rasulullah SAW, ibu, ibu, ibu, ayah. In that order ya:)

p/p/p/s: Just read my sis' blog about ayah and then i got tearful again. Oh how words can never fully describe what's in a person's heart. Love you ayah :'S

Reminder for the soul

“Aku hairan dengan orang yang mengetahui kematian, tapi mengapa ia masih tertawa;

Aku hairan dengan orang yang tahu bahawa dunia adalah sementara, tapi mengapa ia sangat mencintainya;

Aku hairan dengan orang yang mengetahui semua urusan telah ditakdirkan, tapi mengapa ia takut kehilangan;

Aku hairan dengan orang yang mengetahui bahwa hisab adalah suatu kepastian, tapi mengapa ia tetap mengum
pulkan harta dan menghitung-hitungnya;

Aku hairan dengan orang yang mengetahui panasnya api neraka, tapi mengapa ia tetap berbuat dosa;

Aku hairan dengan orang yang mengaku mengenal Allah, tapi mengapa ia meminta tolong kepada selain-Nya;

Aku hairan kepada orang yang mengaku mengetahui kenikmatan syurga, tapi mengapa ia merasa hidup tenang di dunia;

Dan aku hairan kepada orang yang mengetahui syaitan adalah musuhnya, tapi mengapa ia mentaatinya.”

Uthman bin Affan Radhiyallahu anhu
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Masa umpama pedang